...

9/28/14

On My Table...

WIP: Granny Square Quilt
WIP: Granny Square Quilt
WIP: Granny Square Quilt
WIP: Granny Square Quilt

Happy Sunday everyone! Did you have a good weekend? I didn't get to do as much sewing as I had planned but I managed to sneak a few moments on my new quilting project. I'm super excited   about this one: a Granny Square Quilt.  It has been in my wish list for such a long time and finally I'll be making one.  I used the tutorial by Blue Elephant Stitches and after making a few blocks I can't stop! They are so much fun to make.  The only difference is that my blocks are going to be slightly smaller since my squares are 2 inches instead of the 2.5 that the tutorial calls for. I had some 2 inches fabric strips already cut up that I wanted to use up and they seem to be working out great. 
I'm really looking forward to making more progress on this little project.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

XX
Martha.

6 comments:

  1. This all looks so pretty! That pattern has been on my wish list for a while now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, it looks wonderful! I so much love granny square block! I made some potholders using this pattern and I agree with you - it is really fun to make these blocks.
    Have a wonderful time :)
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is simply stunning - I cannot help but *sigh* as I look at these pics - the colours just draw me in, the lighting is divine and I know this new quilt will be amazing. Such a lovely start you have here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very soft and delicate. I forgot how much I like that block.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! The fabric choices are perfect. It will be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks and the photography are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!