...

4/19/15

Sew The Library: Pencil Holder

Pencil Holder
Pencil Holder
Pencil Holder

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sew The Library I am so happy you stopped by! For this month I decided to make a project from one of the first books I ever bought and one of my most beloved ones: 1 ,2, 3 Sew. It is a wonderful book filled with inspiring projects. This pencil holder has been on my to do list for a while. I want to use it to hold marking pens and notion by my sewing machine. I made a few adjustments from the original pattern:I made it a little shorter that what the  pattern calls for and instead of using the loop as a closure I'm going to use it to hang it on a hook when I need it out of the way. Also, pattern calls for canvas for the outer and lining fabrics, but I used linen quilted with batting for the outer piece and cotton fabric for the lining. I just couldn't resit linen is my absolute favorite fabric. 
I'm really excited to seeing your projects and learning about the books in your library. Please link up your projects and visit others. 

I hope you have a happy week!

   




8 comments:

  1. That's a really cute project. Practical and pretty! I share your passion for linen! Maybe it is rapidly advancing old age but although they always look lovely I really struggle to read your posts as they are soooo pale - it took me a while to make out the name of the book you used. Any chance of making the text just a smidge darker? Lynne xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and useful = win/win. I love the fabrics you chose here - and your idea of hanging it up too, a great use of space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha that is the cutest pencil holder! I love your changes too - especially the linen, which always looks so amazing with bold colors.
    I didn't do any library sewing this month... something i definitely hope to change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and no doubt very satisfying! No library sewing for me... but I always love to see what you're making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm always so happy when you stop by my little blog:)

      Delete
  5. I love the pencil holder. It is so cute and I love the adaptations you made to the project. Now you have made me want to buy the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! 1,2,3 Sew is a great book and wonderful addition to any library. Thank you for linking up your project.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute but functional little project. I haven't seen that book before - sounds wonderful :-) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!