...

7/3/12

Small Sewing Projects


Over the weekend I finished some small sewing projects. I love pincushions! And I don't think one can ever have too many of them.  So, I added a few to my collection. I really like this flower pincushion, it reminds me of a sunny day.


This little pear pincushion has been in my mind for quite some time. I wanted to make it ever since I saw a picture at Mollie Makes a while back.  I didn't have a template so it was a bit of a trial and error. It is not as perfect as the one shown in the magazine, but I think it is charming.


And this little one reminds me of a girl's dress. I made it a bit over-sized compared to standard pin cushions. I just wanted to see how practical a larger pincushion would be.


Finally, I finished these two zipper pouches using a template I drew myself...


I hope you are all having a great week. Come and see what the very talented ladies participating in the Blog Hop (by Plum and June) have prepared this week plus some great advice from Sara from Sew Sweetness.

This week's Blog Hop Calendar:
Tuesday:     Di from Willowbeck and Jennifer from Knotted-Thread
Thursday:  Sara from Sara-Lou and Catherine from Knotted Cotton

Martha



7 comments:

  1. Your pin cushions look really cute. What are they stuffed with? I made one as a kid that was stuffed with rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mina!. I stuff them with Poly-fil (Polyester fiber) like the one used for doll making. And I stuffed them very tightly. I read somewhere that you could stuff you pincushions with crushed walnut shells and is supposed to help sharpen your pins.

      Delete
  2. Precious pin cushions..I Really need to make myself a couple! I am also wondering what you stuff them with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Dayna. I stuff the pincushions with Poly-fil and stuff them very tightly

      Delete
  3. Love those pincushions! Your zipper pouches are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am over-joyed to have found your delightful blog. I just purchased a new Brother embroidery machine and in learning this machine it has renewed my joy of sewing. You have so many cute projects, you are an inspiration :)
    I am your newest follower. Please visit and check out my latest apron post.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So intrigued by those little pouches, and trying to figure out how you did that! They would be perfect for make up, and also for small knitting notions (I am a knitter and we're all addicted to little pouch like things to hold our supplies!) So glad to have found your blog.....I'm in the process of a move but looking forward to getting my sewing machine back out soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!