...

11/18/12

Brown Sugar Cookies


Yesterday I made a batch of Brown Sugar Cookies. They were I rainy day treat for my husband. He had to work, so the Buttery soft and  chewy goodness were a little pick me up after a long day of work. The recipe is an adaptation to one of Martha Stewart's Chocolate Chip cookies. My husband is not a big fan of chocolate (I'm a total chocoholic, so it totally baffles me his indifference to chocolate), every time I make chocolate chip cookies he asks me to leave some without chocolate chips. So I finally gave in and made him a whole batch of brown sugar cookies. They are delicious and you don't even miss the chocolate (and that is coming from a big chocolate lover). The added crunch of the sugar sprinkled on top adds an extra dimension to these cookies. We had them for breakfast this morning, a little Sunday indulgence, and they tasted even better. 


Brown Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart
(Makes about 3 dozen cookies)

2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
Optional: 1/4 cup Demerara Sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). In a medium bowl wish together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Using and electric mixer at medium speed beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and continue to beat until well incorporated.
3. Reduced speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Using an ice cream scoop drop scoops of batter on to baking sheets. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
*Update: I noticed that I had written 1 1/5 cups of sugar. It should be 1 1/2. It has been fixed. Sorry about the typo*

Enjoy!

Martha

6 comments:

  1. Those look really good - and that's pretty fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite baffled by that as well! Well, even without the most important cookie ingredient, those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Yum! Those look so delicious, I can almost smell them. My oldest son is the same as your hubby and prefers baking without all the 'additions' - blueberry muffins without the blueberries please is a common request at our house and he will always choose the cookie with the LEAST amount of chips (unlike myself!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very yummy! Can I have some:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look yummy! May have to try these...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!