...

12/2/12

It Only Took Me A Month To Finish It


You might remember the block in the center of the pillow. I made the star block for my stop on  the Traveling Pic-Stitch Blog Hop and after doing the machine quilting the quilted block sat at the bottom of my WIP's basket sad and forgotten for almost a month. I didn't want it to be sad anymore, so this weekend I decided to finally finish my pillow. I really like the way it turned out and how in such as small project I was able to practice different techniques:
-I made the Star block using the English Paper Piecing method:
-The Star block is both machine and hand applique to the background fabric
-I machine quilted the background fabric following the star pattern of the center block and hand quilted  it using DMC embroidery thread  to add more interest to the design.

I love my new pillow and it only took me a month to finish it:)

Martha.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. So nice to see a lone block made into something loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely. The hand quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the color combination and the hand quilting. It makes it appear to be radiating. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I love the addition of hand quilting. Very cozy & charming. Adds character to an already great pillow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is beautiful! I love your combination of hand and machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way that you added the DMC thread stitching to accent the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just gorgeous Martha, your hand stitching is so even and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pillow - love the stitching around the edge of your block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Your hand quilting is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hand quilting, Martha. Your cushion's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it's beautiful!!! The quilting especially I love. Glad you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY...WOW...and...WOW - this is absolutely stunning! Love, love. That hand stitching just sings to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful and well worth the time it took to make every lovely stitch ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, a visitor from P & J's Lets Get Acq blog Hop- love this cushion, the stitching is fabulous, and all done by hand, sooooo neat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous pillow, great job with the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!