...

12/1/14

Coming Soon... Sew The Library

Sew the Library
Sew the Library

I have some very exciting news to share with you. I have teamed up with my friend Heidi from Fabric Mutt and Jodi from Tickle & Hide to start a new monthly link-up for 2015. We all have a collection of of sewing books and magazines (big or small) that sometimes we neglect to give them the attention that they deserve. So why not start start sewing from our libraries and share our makes in a monthly Link-up?
You can link up the project(s) that you made in the month from a sewing book or magazine. The link-up starting on the 20th of each month and it closes at the end of the month.  So lets put our treasured sewing books to use and start sewing! Sew the Library kicks off at Fabric Mutt in January, then it is my turn to host in February followed by Jodi in March. We hope you can join us and sew along with us. 

XX
Martha

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun Martha, I tend to use the same book and magazine patterns so this will encourage me to try out more of the rather large horde of sewing books gathering dust in my sewing room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm always saying that I need to use all the books I own more often! Recently I moved all my quilting/sewing books to a new shelf and as I re-arranged them I wrote a little "review" and a list of the projects I'd like to complete from each one in a pretty notebook! It was quite a list! Your plan sounds like a great incentive to use it! Now all I need is more time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. Do the projects need to be completed, or do we link up things "in progress"? I am not sure I can complete a large project in a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, I'm on a self imposed craft book buying ban for this very reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, we all have so many beautiful books and usually a project or two in them we want to try. That's probably why we bought the book, and then some how they don't get done, so here an excuse to get them done. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I have been marking my books with porjects that I want to make and the list keeps growing. I hope to tackle a few of them. I hope you can join us too.

      Delete
  6. It's a wonderful idea Martha and I hope it really takes off!
    I know I have several quilts I've been meaning to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! I have so many project in my library that need some TLC. That will be part of my goals for 2015 so I can link up with y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea! I will try to link up this month as you are hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!