...

12/28/14

Marcelle Medallion: My Christmas Quilt

Christmas Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion
Christmast Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion
Christmas Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion
Christmas Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion
Christmas Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion
Christmas Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion
Christmas Quilt 2014: Marcelle Medallion

I hope you had a lovely holiday season. My Christmas was wonderful: busy, lots of good food and  amazing company (that's the best part of the holiday season, I think). But between gift making and cooking I was able to finish my Marcelle Medallion Quilt. Ever since I began working on this back in April I wanted it to be our Christmas Quilt for this year... Last year I started a tradition of making a new quilt for Christmas to snuggle under during our movie watching marathon, you can read more about it here. I've been so busy lately that there were times that I thought I wasn't going to finish on time: the quilting took a long time. I did concentric circles which create a wonderful texture and accentuate the medallion. However; there were so many thread tails to bury (I got to remember that next time I think about concentric circles for quilting). But at the end I finished it even with time to spare. Last Sunday my husband took me to explore a new (to me) hiking trail and as any quilter would do I took my new quilt finish to photograph. I love how the colors of the quilt pop against the lush green in the forest.  I absolutely love how festive this quilt turned out (not my usual color combo) and it made our Christmas feel even cozier. 

Have a beautiful week and thank you for visiting my little blog and leaving me your lovely comments throughout the year. I truly appreciate them. 

XO
Martha

9 comments:

  1. Oh, it is wonderful job! Great result. Really. I hope you your Christmas time was great :) Jola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it's not your usual colour combo I think it's very you, with the fresh colours you chose. It's a beautiful quilt - lovely pictures too. Happy Christmas and happy making in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Martha! This is truly amazing! Your colours are so fresh and fun. The quilting is just perfection

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours and the quilting. It looks so bright, but cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! Love the fresh and fun colours. And the spiral quilting was a great call. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful Martha, this is going to be a wonderful tradition. I hadn't thought of all the threads needing buried with concentric circle quilting, that is definitely something to remember if I ever think of giving it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcelle is gorgeous Martha! It looks so cheerful and you did a fantastic job. Great photo shoot too. So glad you had a blessed Christmas and I hope your New Year will be happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And it looks wonderful with the background

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is even more stunning that I imagined Martha. What a gorgeous Christmas memory :-) I think I read somewhere that instead of doing concentric circles, if you quilt a spiral it looks almost the same but with hardly any threads to bury :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!