...

1/19/15

Sew The Library: Patchwork Pot Holder

Patchwork Pot Holder
Patchwork Pot Holders
Patchwork Pot Holders
Patchwork Pot Holders
DSC_0053
Patchwork Pot Holders
Patchwork Pot Holders

For our first Sew The Library link up I decided to make something from one of my favorite books: Zakka Style. I think it is one of the first craft books I ever bought and I love every single project in it.  It is hard to pick just one. But I decided to choose the most practical at the moment. My pot holders were in such disrepair, so I went ahead and made a couple to replace my old ones. I really like their round shape, scrappiness and the linen (my favorite fabric). I absolutely love the way they turned out that now I'm afraid to put them to use and get them dirty.  Or maybe I should just make a few more so I have a good supply of pretty pot holders to use and adorn my kitchen. 
This month's link up is hosted by Heidi @ Fabric Mutt. I hope you would join us sharing your projects that you made from a book or a magazine. The link up will remain open until the end of the month. 

Have a wonderful week!

XO
Martha.

19 comments:

  1. So pretty Martha! And your photos are wonderful! I love that book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographs are marvelous! I'm not sure if my sewing could stand the close-up. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria, you are very kind :)

      Delete
  3. Oh so so pretty! I love linen too :-) I'm sure they will wash well, so you should definitely use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! And you can never go wrong with sprucing up the pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Circles just make anything that much cuter! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so perfect, Martha!!! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pot holders. I think Sew the Library is an excellent idea and I will try my best to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely potholders! I really like the idea of Sew the Library :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahnk you Sheila! It is a fun way to put our treasured books to use.

      Delete
  9. So simple and amazingly cute! Love the clean line of the linen...wonderful Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite sewing books of all time! I love these, Martha -- absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! Did you use a special heat proof wadding or normal cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! The pattern calls for Insul-Fleece, but I only used two layers of cotton batting.

      Delete
    2. Oooo thanks good to know! I'd always looked at pot holder projects and thought "ah don't have special wadding" but I think I'll have to give some a go!

      Delete
  12. Wonderful look to these great potholders Martha! That linen is a wonderful choice to pair with red and yellow. They really do look to pretty to use!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new potholders are so bright and cheery! Mine are looking pretty sad,I should make some of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!