...

3/8/15

Log Cabin Obsession

WIP: Wonky Log Cabin Quilt
WIP: Wonky Log Cabin Quilt
WIP: Wonky Log Cabin Quilt
WIP: Wonky Log Cabin Quilt

Hello friends, how was your weekend? Around here the weather has been wonderful; there are signs of spring everywhere. And it just feels like a happy and joyful time. Yesterday I  picked some freesias from my little garden to adorn my table. I love having fresh flowers around the house; specially when they come from my garden. 
Another thing that I love is starting a new project. The excitement of picking out the fabrics and seeing your idea come to life is just so much fun. Although, on this particular project I had a bit of help. My husband requested a quilt of his own. He always supports my hobby and enjoys the quilts I make, but has never requested a quilt of his own. So I had to get  on it right away. He helped me choose the fabrics and gave some "pointers" on the design :) He did't want all the blocks to be exactly the same or be very symmetrical so I decided on wonky log cabin blocks. After I showed him the first block he says that he approves, lol. 
Even though I just finished another log cabin quilt, I just couldn't resist. Log cabin blocks are so much fun to make and they offer so many possibilities. I'm really enjoying working on this quilt and seeing my husband excitement every time a complete a new block. And that reminds me why I love quilting so much.  I hope to make more progress next weekend and finish it very soon.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

XO 
Martha. 

9 comments:

  1. Wonky log cabins are the ideal blocks for a husband's quilt Martha :) Spring is the perfect time to start a new project too, it is just a winning combination all round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely weekend was busy! :) Nice blocks!! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday morning! We have spring too. Beautiful blocks. Your pictures are gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures always make me happy. Nice project, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the 3 blocks are looking together on the fence - the colours are AMAZING. It's awesome that your hubby wants a quilt of his own, what a wonderful way to support your beautiful work, by snuggling in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background fabric on this one! Your hubby is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely that he wanted one of your amazing quilts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful Martha that you husband wants you to make him a quilt and that he is so involved in the design process! It looks like it will be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun when the recipient is so enthusiastic! Great blocks too, the flannel background really sets off the brights.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!