...

3/24/12

Banana-Berry Smoothie


I don't know about you, but I need to start my day with a good breakfast. There are some people that can easily skip breakfast or just have a cup of coffee and they are fine with that. Not me! I have to eat something in the morning otherwise I can't function the rest of the day. I feel out of balance. However, during the week when everything is a rush it is hard to incorporate a nutritious meal while being on the go. And one might be tempted to eat something that is well, not so healthy... My solution: a breakfast smoothie; with all the goodness of fresh fruits and whole grains and no artificial colors or flavors. Wait, did I just sounded like a commercial? Not trying to advertise anything. I just want to tell you this smoothie is really good!


*I usually don't measure the ingredients, I just use approximate quantities. For this smoothie I used blackberries, they were on sale this week.*

Banana-Berry Smoothie
Serves 1

1/2 banana
1/3 cup berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
2/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup ice
1 tablespoon wheat germ
2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon honey

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!